Saturday, November 14, 2009

CIRKUS CIRKOR PRESENTS INSIDE OUT: LET GO OF YOUR PURSE AND STOP DRAGGING YOUR HEART AROUND

I mean really, this woman was holding onto her purse and dragging that heart around almost the whole performance... You could hear a general exhale from the audience when she finally LET IT GO. The Cirkus Cirkor performance last night at B.A.M. was packed full of amazing achievements of physical strength and discipline... but I was moved by the story and the theatre of the circus... The show began and I started wondering... should I really have left my warm comfy apartment??? By the end of the first act I was drawn in... The circus has an interesting structure with archetypal characters each possessing their own special skill and a general build up that reminded me of a firework display. bang bang BANG BANG BANG! But beyond the tricks, the stunts, the feats of courage, and vigor... the message of this show was... LET GO! DONT HOLD ON SO TIGHT! PLAY!! Like a circus performer each one of us has our own special talent, something we can contribute, something we must always explore. There is no judging in the circus.. just be yourself... let go of your purse and stop dragging your heart around..



No comments:

Post a Comment